May yielded a fine crop of short stories that I greatly enjoyed. Stories of haunting, of love and belonging — every single story on this list had a strong narrative voice that pulled at me. Highly recommended!
- A Manual on Different Options To Bring a Loved One To Life by Oyedotun Damilola Muees (Clarkesworld Magazine).
- Nobody Ever Goes Home to Zhenzhu by Grace Chan (Lightspeed Magazine)
- Your Eyes, My Beacon: Being an Account of Several Misadventures And How I Found My Way Home by C.L. Clark (Uncanny Magazine)
- Heavy Possessions by Seoung Kim (Strange Horizons)
- Hiraeth Heart by Lulu Khadim (khōréō)
- Master of Ceremonies by Frances Ogamba (The Dark)
- I Will Sing Your White Bones Home by Cat Hellison (Beneath Ceaseless Skies)